Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Camera Shopping Part 1

Have you been pondering getting a new camera? Are you starting to feel as hopeless as Princess Leia did as she sent out her desperate call for help?
"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope... to find a good reliable easy to use camera..Look at how low-res this piece of crap is!!! We have swords that use lasers that can cut through steel and yet I have to settle for this one half megapixel robot webcam"

Then I hope this guide may be of some service to you. Where do most people go? Wal-Mart? Best Buy? In hopes that the sales clerk will be of some assistance. I'm sure on the rare occasion there is in fact someone who may actually know what they are talking about working there. My personal experience with having questions about anything at Wal-Mart mainly involved me wanting to get a closer look at something in a locked glass case then walking around in frustration to find a employee.. Then more often than not to be proceeded by them having to call someone with a key... Then waiting even longer for the Keymaster to come.
Then walks up some eighty-seven year old woman... I dare you to ask her a technical question about the camera.. Do it! I double dare you!

Okay so maybe skip the trip and head on over to Best Buy right?
 

I personally have found them to usually be overpriced. Most of the sales associates do seem to be good at describing things...Even if some of their knowledge is made up. For some reason every time I used to go there and get assistance I would buy it to an extent. Then I guess I kind of started catching on the more I learned about the stuff I was considering purchasing by heading online. That's when I felt like I had seen the light and started using Amazon. No this isn't a pitch for them I promise. I like to check all sorts of places. Going online is general is great though. Go check out something you like online..Become obsessed with it. Read all of the reviews! Read the Mfg. Specs.(Worthless knowledge to everyone in the world except a repairman or a curious engineer) Just learn all about it. Fall in love with it! Wish you could marry it! Or at least move in together then eventually break up for religious differences-with it!
THEN FIND OUT IT ISN'T AVAILABLE ONLINE>>>ANYWHERE!!! 
And the only place you can get it is Best Buy..Then go into Best Buy. And just for fun....Ask the nearest employee about that item...With the exception of the occasional Rain Man who just so happens to be working that day. The chances are you are about to feel very smart.... with that one and only thing! But for that one brief moment you are the guy in Good Will Hunting!
HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!

No, that's Ben Affleck. He played the construction dude.
The other guy was a secret genius 
  Witty, sophisticated,
suave.
 
 Yeah, that's totally him.

Anyway my point about Best Buy was just that after I started doing my own independent research online and would have to go in there for something. I just didn't feel like they really knew much information that could actually help me. Price is always a very motivating factor with me as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment