Friday, March 4, 2011

Allergic To Iowa

   The name of this blog suggests I dislike Iowa. That's only partially true. There are times when I do in fact like it. Spring time is quite pretty here. So is early summer, late summer, and most of the fall(the parts before it turns cold and grey) About the time you start hearing the geese fly overhead on their yearly trip to head south for the winter. That's the part I really dread. Because that means winter is fast approaching. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Iowa-ey pictures(yes, that's a made up word) that really capture the parts of Iowa I really enjoy.
You might recognize this one from the current header of the blog:

This one I took a few weeks ago:     


I will admit.. I cheated on this one. The sky was Grey and blah the day I took this, I dropped a much prettier sky in:




As you can see, I do try and make the most of what I have to work with... Even when it's a blizzard(not the yummy kind from Dairy Queen)



No comments:

Post a Comment